The Asad regime’s violations described in the most recent COI report include murder, hostage-taking, enforced disappearances, torture, rape, sexual violence, targeting civilians, and indiscriminate bombing.
Our objective is clear: We will degrade, and ultimately destroy, ISIL through a comprehensive and sustained counterterrorism strategy.
According to the U.S. analysis, the draft PPWT, like the earlier 2008 version, remains fundamentally flawed. Above all, there is no integral verification regime to help monitor the ban on the placement of weapons in space, and no prospect of achieving a capability to effectively verify an agreement banning space-based weapons with existing technologies and cooperative measures.
Around the world, the U.S. remains concerned about increasing restrictions on the freedoms of assembly and peaceful association. The shrinking space for civil society in many nations limits discussion and debate.
ISIL must be defeated, period, end of story.
Faced with this outbreak, the world is looking to us, the United States, and it’s a responsibility that we embrace.
A/S Malinowski Briefs Congressional Leaders on ISIL’s Persecution of Religious Minorities in Iraq and Syria
The interconnected aspects of ISIL’s campaign of terror in both countries have the potential to further destabilize the region […]
U.S. Permanent Representative to the Conference on Disarmament and U.S. Special Representative for Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BWC) Issues […]
According to the U.S. analysis, the draft PPWT, like the earlier 2008 version, remains fundamentally flawed. Above all, there […]
Deputy Secretary of State William J. Burns, Under Secretary for Political Affairs Wendy R. Sherman, and Senior Advisor Jacob […]
We would like to see meaningful progress on Brunei’s laws and practices regarding freedom of expression and freedom of association.
U.S. statement at the adoption of the UPR report of the DPRK
The Human Rights Council must, and often does, account for the specific conditions of women and girls in each country.
Remarks at a Luncheon with the Media.
What is the cost of corruption on our values, our prosperity, and our security? Join a discussion on […]
The project will increase Burma’s capacity to provide stable energy to its people and attract investment that will help […]
- Press Releases: Secretary Kerry Keynotes Frontiers in Development Forum - Announces New Health Commitments by PEPFAR and a Global Resilience Challenge by USAID September 20, 2014
- Press Releases: Notice of Meeting: Signing of a Cooperation Understanding Aide Memoire between Power Africa and Sustainable Energy for All September 20, 2014
- Press Releases: Elections in Fiji September 20, 2014
- Press Releases: Building International Support to Counter ISIL September 20, 2014
- Press Releases: Attack on MINUSMA September 19, 2014
- Press Releases: Launch of Model United Nations Mobile App September 19, 2014